Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Paletas de Sandia

While extremely delicious, my first-ever paletas (the mango ones) were not that pretty. I think I let them sit in the warm water for too long and the got this kind of melty, drippy look. The second time around, I attempted to see if I could do a better job. The water was a little less hot and I only dunked them for about 20 seconds. Look at that! Presto! It worked. I was extremely excited about these yummy-looking popsicles. Although they turned out to be two different colors, they taste like watermelon through and through. These are so nice and refreshing for those hot summer days. Paletas de Sandia (Click here for printable recipe) Recipe Source: Adapted from Paletas by Fany Gerson Sugar Syrup ½ cup water ½ cup sugar -Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil and the sugar has dissolved. -Let cool to room temperature. Fruit 1.5 lbs. of peeled and diced watermelon (about 4 cups) 1 lime, juiced Pinch of salt -Pour the syrup into a blender. Add the watermelon, lime juice, and salt and blend until smooth. -Divide the mixture among the popsicle molds, snap on the lid, and freeze for about 2 hours. Insert popsicle sticks after 2 hours and then freeze for an addition 4-5 hours. -Unmold using warm water. Makes…about 8-10 popsicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment